Pages

Two Bit, you say?

We are just two girls; living in a two-bit town; using this blog to make a name for ourselves in this world.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Scrumptious Sassy Salsa- SO EASY

Delicious! Notice that this is bowl was made by 2Bit's potter Dad!



2Bit was preparing to go to the land between the lakes for the weekend, which is NOT 3 1/2 hours away like some people may tell you (we spent 7 1/2 hours in the car including a few stops and a scenic route).

In preparation for the trip, I remembered that I had some lettuce that would go bad soon; so I decided to make a salad with it. Soon I realized that I had cilantro and tomatoes that were going to go bad soon, as well (I get a little excited in the produce section). I recently had some conversations about homemade salsa and thought I would give it a whirl.

2Bit chopped up some tomatoes, lots of cilantro (2Bit LOVES cilantro), red onion, and green pepper. Next 2Bit minced a little BIT more than a clove of garlic (2Bit also loves garlic), and put everything in a bowl. I threw in some salt, black and cayenne peppers to taste and a dash of lime juice.

I could smell the salsa a million miles away because of all of the garlic. It traveled the entire 7 1/2 hours to the lake, and it was a big hit. I was told it was the best fresh salsa one person had ever had. Not sure exactly what that means, but I take it as a compliment.

The beauty of this recipe, besides its sheer deliciousness, is that it is not perfect. You can alter it based on what you have in the house as long as you have some tomatoes and cilantro (red pepper instead of green pepper, yellow instead of red onion, lemon instead of lime juice..)

I HIGHLY recommend this easy, healthy recipe:


Scrumptious Sassy Salsa

5 - 6 Medium Size Tomatoes
3/4 Cup Cilantro
1/2 Cup Green, Red and/or Yellow Bell Pepper
1/3 Cup Red Onion
1 1/2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1 Tbl. Lime Juice
Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper (for a kick) to Taste

Throw the first 6 ingredients in a big bowl and stir. Season to taste. Serve with tortilla chips (the Tostito Scoops would be great b/c the salsa is really juicy), put it on a sandwich or quesadilla or ANYTHING and enjoy!!

Try it out and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in shock that it took you THAT long to get to LBL! I hope you enjoyed the drive =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. id like to say I am shocked too, but with our track record, i am not surprised to hear this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked too! Haha. I didn't realize we would go to Tennessee to get to the KENTUCKY Lake, but it was worth it. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete