Pages

Two Bit, you say?

We are just two girls; living in a two-bit town; using this blog to make a name for ourselves in this world.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Blue Cheese Dip and Celery

Delicious! I ate it with sweet potato fries too, but these were frozen not homemade.
I have never been a big fan of "buffalo" flavored things. I don't know why but for some reason I never got on the buffalo bandwagon. However, I was in VA beach recently and had buffalo shrimp, and it rocked my buffalo world. I will never be the same.

Ever since then, I have been craving buffalo anything. When I saw the recipe for these buffalo chicken burgers, I just felt like my world would not be complete if I didn't make them. I made them, and I must tell you, 2bit's life is so much better and more complete! It's pretty amazing how that happened, but all 2bit can do is go with it and keep making these buffalo chicken burgers.

Click here for the original recipe tasty kitchen.

The peeps. Gotta go check on my peeps. AB RIPPER X!! Google it and you will know what I'm talkin' bout.

For da boiges (say it like you are from NY or Jersey. "The burgers" if you are confused)
  • 1 pound Ground Chicken
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Pepper
  • ½ Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
  • ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
  • ¼ cups Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • Sandwich buns. (I used thin buns from Earthgrains. I like them much better than normal buns)
  • Blue cheese crumbles and / or cheddar cheese.
  • Tomato slices (optional)
  • Celery and Blue Cheese Dip (below)
Preheat grill or skillet.

In a large bowl combine ground chicken, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parmesan, buffalo wing sauce, and the blue cheese crumbles (optional). Mix until just combined. Form into patties.


Grill or pan-fry patties until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, place cheddar cheese on your boige (optional). Place burgers on whole wheat buns and top with a tomato slice or drizzle of ranch and buffalo wing dressing.

2bit made da boiges two different ways. For half, I added blue cheese crumbles to da boiges before cooking them on the skillet, and for the other half I did not add blue cheese but put cheddar on top at the end. They were both delicious. I loved them equally. You could even do both if you are feeling extra cheesy :) (A 2bit example of feeling extra cheesy- placing cheese on your friend's car and writing messages in it or putting a cheeto bag on a walking barbie doll and leaving it in front of your friend's door as it sings to "I'm a barbie girl"). 

Da Blue Cheese Dip (Adapted from Gourmet.com)
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
Mix all ingredients. As simple as that yo.




Yummy in 2bit's tummy.. Here are the sweet potato fries. They are excellent and all natural babay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment