Pages

Two Bit, you say?

We are just two girls; living in a two-bit town; using this blog to make a name for ourselves in this world.

Friday, April 8, 2011

What's your favorite beauty products??

Like everyone, 2Bit has her choice products she routinely uses. But even with my favs, I love knowing other people's choice products and why they use them. So please leave a comment and share, if you feel so inclined. We all may just make a switch-a-roo to yours. Please read the *** at the bottom if you want to give 2Bit any product suggestions..
This stuff is my newest obsession. I am almost out of my beloved Burt's Bees Carrot nutritive lotion I have had for a really long time and can't find more anywhere. Yeah, it's because Burt's Bees discontinued it!!! So this Carrot Day Creme is the next best thing. I love it. A little goes a LONG way! I order it from Amazon.



Been using this face wash for years! Get it at Marketplace Kroger's organic section or at any health food store. Another good Alba face wash I used to get is this...


Coconut oil is all natural and great for your skin.. Just slather it on. It's a little oily at first but your skin will absorb it making it supple and smooth. Be sure to get "unrefined." This also can be found at the organic section of Kroger or any health food store. 2Bit made the switch from lotion to this oil BECAUSE we all know our skin is our largest organ, right?!. Since our skin is absorbent, everything you are applying to it is getting into your body. Which is why the lovely motto, "If you would not eat it, do not put it on your skin," makes so much since! I agree that there is only so much natural stuff at your disposal, or that it is pricey or that there is that one lotion that you just love its scent. Just try to make more natural choices where you can and always check that any skin product is free of parabens, which are chemical preservatives in many products...no bueno!



Ohhhh, I just love this stuff. It has so many uses, but specifically beauty speaking- it's great to dab on a zit to help heal it or dry it out. It also really helps infected piercing. I used to put it on my nose ring when it was infected. You can even use it as a mouth wash, diluted with water of course. Lavender oil is another essential oil that is great for little scratches or wounds that need quick healing.


Love love love this bronzer. Oh and their Mineral Veil is awesome for keeping your face from getting oily. 



The peppermint oil in this gloss make it so minty fresh.. I love this in colors, "Slaphappy" and "Unwined"

I go back and forth between these two.

Bedhead makes the best eyeshadow. This one has lasted me years! You can order it from Amazon.


***Now, Bit-Cara, here needs your help. I need to know what's a good for:

-Bronzer brush 

- Concealer, specifically for dark circle under my eyes?????  I had been using Chanel concealer but am ready to hear what else is out there.

-Dry shampoo, sometimes baby powder just don't cut it if you're a brunette

-Any other recommendations? Don't hold out on me, ya'll!


3 comments:

  1. hey cara :) i'm thomas bailey's friend in dental school- i tagged along with thomas and margaret today for lunch in louisville and we ate with AJ! i also have a blog at kaciefbowles.blogspot.com! AND i have a suggestion for you. i have the oiliest hair on the planet..like i can shower in the morning and i am a grease monkey by 10 PM. so i bought some dry shampoo by big sexy hair. usually you can only get it in salons (like the ones in the mall always have it). i definitely recommend it!! here is a picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2RBYKh1Ca4k/SrPbEg0u10I/AAAAAAAAA8M/ecQzAIfHP24/s320/big_sexy_hair_volumizing_dry_shampoo__69690.jpg

    also i have the worst dark cirlces under my eyes, too. as in naturally i have them and then dental school sleep deprivation accentuates them 20 times more. i really like sephora erase paste. it works for blemishes and stuff, too. i used to use chanel, but i think i like this one better! here's a pic:

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XQDbe_0KyBc/TFZPqsVzd0I/AAAAAAAAAm4/kelJryhdhcQ/s1600/100801erasepaste.jpg
    hope you

    hope they help! and i love your blog :) i may make these cuffins for my friend who has a glutten allergy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyy. yes, AJ mentioned having lunch with you!!! thanks so much, Kacie!! you are awesome... i am gonna check both of those prodcuts out...hope to meet you one day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. for all my makeup brushes I really like Eco-Tools Bamboo brushes!! I use the kabuki brush and bronzer brush

    {they are sold at Ulta and Target :) pretty affordable compared to some!! plus they're a green alternative with :
    Recycled & natural materials
    Soft, cruelty free bristles
    Highly sustainable bamboo handles}

    ReplyDelete