Pages

Two Bit, you say?

We are just two girls; living in a two-bit town; using this blog to make a name for ourselves in this world.

Friday, June 3, 2011

I-SCREAM

Meet the beloved ice cream maker that has stood the test of time. This thing has been around since this Bit was a kid. Part of the reason I love it so is that you have to work for it. Like a true delicacy... 
Last week AJ and I visited my mom in Wilmore & decided to make ice cream. And every time I underestimate the work that goes into it. This thing had AJ, me and my mom huffing and churning and taking turns by the end of it. 

Now you are "supposed" to let it sit in the freezer for a while after churning, but being the impatient child I am, I wanted to experience the fruits of our labor. So it was more like cold chocolate mouse, but I didn't hate it...

Ahhh, but the next night, after it had set in the freezer, it was perfection.

I scream... You scream...

We all scream for chocolate ice cream...
We in the Hochhalter homestead scream for dem toppings too.

~~~
 Chocolate Ice Cream 
1 c milk
2 c whipping cream
1/2 c sugar
1 c bitter/semi-sweet chocolate chips(chopped finely)
1 tsp vanilla

Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat until it bubbles. 
Combine chocolate and sugar and add to heating milk. 
Stir until all melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool. 
Once cool add whipping cream and vanilla. 
Let cool in freezer for 30 minutes before churning in ice cream maker. 
Once you cannot churn any longer and the ice cream seems solid, set in freezer for an hour (if you can bear to wait)

Adapted from: 

* This was delicious recipe but next time I might try a combo of cocoa and chocolate chips and make it extra chocolateyyyy. Also because we are serious ice cream eaters, specifically my husband, we doubled this recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment